Thursday, April 18, 2013

Departing Durango

Thursday April 18 2013

Farewell to our Victorian Hotel Strater. We had a fantastic stay here with friendly, helpful and fun staff.

One more very filling breakfast. The hotel calls their complementary breakfast a "continental" fare. Not so we discovered! Lots of choices of breads and pastries, but also egg, waffles, French toast, granola, fresh fruit and yogurt to mention what I recall! We filled up again and I took a 6:45 a.m. bracing and chilled bike ride around town and to the bike shop for its return. Had I felt I had more time I would have loved a longer ride as there was no auto traffic this early and the air felt so fresh and cleansing. But 35 minutes would suffice for this morning.

Until next time -- thanks for visiting my blog. I will be off for an eastern Washington trip next week with my friends Vickie and Gerry with hopes of more blogging then.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Gram, I was late in catching up but enjoyed reading about your trip! I will show the bike photos to Jaydon soon. Looking forward to coming along on your next trip.

    ReplyDelete