Friday, July 19, 2013

Hike to Cutthroat Lake

Thursday 7/18/2013

Susan has been so good about biking with me, this would be my day to do a hike with her to a fishing hole. Hiking has become one of my less favorite activities because my body rebels. I never know if I will have pain in my back, hip, leg, knees -- or wherever! This day I was pain free -- even wearing knee sleeve turned out to be unnecessary.

This is my kind of hike! A little more than two miles each way and relatively flat -- as in no climbing. I had a great time and now think I would like to do more hikes of similar nature (once in a while).

Crossing the bridge at the beginning of the hike
 
North Cascades
North Cascades

The object of this hike was fishing. Susan carried in her gear -- rod, flies, and clothing (mostly what she wore to hike in).

Susan's rod is in her pack

 

Beautiful scenery ahead of me too ;'-)

Once we got to the lake, Susan set me up for a relaxing hour or two while she fished along the river/creek. She knew to get me protected from the flying insects and set up with food, chair and foot rests so that I would not bug her to quit fishing too soon!

Set up in the screen tent with a camp chair and snacks -- forgot to bring my book

Susan got a bit more than an hour of fishing -- and catching -- and I got a nap.

More of the North Cascades

We hiked out and drove back toward home. The minute I was able to get phone coverage our friend Vickie (H) called to say she was had arrived in town and would meet up with us for dinner later. We had a great dinner in Twisp and Vickie and I planned our biking day that would free up Susan to do an all day fishing outing with no guilt.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment